Over the last few months, cruise lines around the world have suspended many of their sailings for 2020 and some even beyond that. They have however also been preparing to put in place various safety measures to ensure the safest environment for all customers and crew on their ships.
We’ve put together a handy guide of the latest safety measures that are being put in place by the cruise lines.
To make sure that guests and crew are safe onboard, Royal Caribbean have introduced several measures, including:
- Health screenings before embarkation.
- Deep cleaning of ships and terminals between each sailing.
- Increased cleaning onboard, including every 30 minutes in public venues and twice daily in staterooms.
Royal Caribbean have assembled a panel of health care experts who will lead the companies efforts in creating a new cruise experience. The latest updates and information from Royal Caribbean can be found here.
Princess Cruises are taking a number of measures to ensure the safety of their customers and crew:
- Enhanced screenings including touchless temperature checks and health questionnaires during embarkations
- Enhanced sanitation procedures in embarkation terminals
- Enhanced cleaning of staterooms and public areas on the ship as well as increased hand sanitsers and handwashing facilities around the ship
- Enhanced ventilation systems throughout their ships
For the latest information on the measures being taken by Princess Cruises, please click here.
Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian are working with Royal Caribbean in using a panel of healthcare experts to guide their response to the global pandemic. They have already introduced a number of measures to nsure the safety of their customers and crew on board their ships:
- Installation of medical-grade air filtration systems across their entire fleet
- All guests will undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings
- increased sanitation measures across the entire fleet and all embarkation terminals
- Social distancing measures will be in place across all ships
- Only ports which are deemed safe will be visited and additional sanitation measures will be put in place on any shoreside excursions.
The latest information on the health and safety measure that Norwegian are putting in place can be found here.