Fly and Cruises
LEARN MORE ABOUT CRUISE AND FLY HOLIDAYS INCLUDING POPULAR DESTINATIONS AND HOW TO FIND THE BEST PACKAGE OFFERS.
WHAT IS A FLY AND CRUISE HOLIDAY?
If you choose to fly and cruise for your next cruising experience, it means that you will be flying to and from where the cruise ship of your choice is docked. This means you could fly to Rome, spend a few days in the city and then set sail. After a stretch at sea visiting a selection of stunning ports, you will then fly home again at the end of the cruise.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Fly and cruise holidays give you a wider choice of cruise itineraries. Instead of sailing from a UK on a transoceanic voyage, spending a few days at sea with less port visits, you’ll be able to fly to cruise ports all over the world to begin your cruise from there and as a result will usually have more port visits in your itinerary.
The second benefit of a fly and cruise holiday is that it can sometimes means you get more time in the port city where your cruise journey begins or ends. Here at Cruise Nation we have Smart Packages which often include complimentary free hotel stays pre or post cruise. This means you don’t have to rush from airport to cruise ship and vice versa if your arrival and departure times happen to be close together. You’ll have more time to relax and enjoy your holiday for a little longer. See all our Smart Packages and you'll understand the amazing value and choice they represent!
WHAT ARE THE BEST DESTINATIONS TO EXPLORE ON A FLY AND CRUISE BREAK?
With so many cruise itineraries available, it can be hard to decide where to go on your fly and cruise holiday. If you’re unsure of where you want to go or you’d just like a little inspiration, take a look at some of the most popular fly and cruise destinations below to get some ideas.
- Rome - With its fascinating history and culture, it’s no wonder why Rome is a popular choice for many holidaymakers. Depending on how much extra time you have in the city you could visit the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain or even just enjoy a fabulous meal in one of the alfresco restaurants whilst soaking up the lively city atmosphere.
- Sydney - Taking a fly and cruise break to Sydney provides you with a fantastic opportunity to explore not just more of the city, but more of the natural attractions near the region too. We’d recommend booking one of our cruise Smart Packages to Sydney so that you can get a couple of extra nights stay in the city. If you get a pre-cruise stay this will give you a chance to overcome any jet lag you might be having and you’ll also have extra time to visit some of the stunning National Parks outside of the city such as the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park which is around 90 minutes drive away. Alternatively if you don’t want to stray far from the city, you could always put your nerves to the test by doing the Bridge Climb over Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- Barcelona - Barcelona is full of sophistication and intrigue. Packed with culture, art and design there’s something new and interesting to see whichever way you turn. Whether it’s the awe-inspiring Sagrada Familia, the Picasso Museum, the vast stretch of beaches or the lively and colourful La Bouqueria market; there is something to see or do to suit anyone’s interests.
- Venice - This beautiful and unique city features on many travel wish lists and it’s easy to see why. Explore the city by boat or gondola on the Grand Canal and stop off to admire the incredible Saint Marks Basilica and Doge’s Palace. Appreciate the space of St Mark’s square which is framed by these beautiful, historic buildings making it an ideal location to get some great travel pictures. Explore the winding back alleys of Venice and you might just discover one of Venice's bàcari – small neighbourhood bars which serve authentic Venetian cuisine along with cold beverages to quench your thirst.
- New York - If you’re going to visit New York, it makes sense to make the most of it and try and get a little extra time there. Flying there before your cruise will enable you to do this, especially if you opt for a Smart Package and get hotel stays included. If you’re looking for a low-cost way to explore New York, we’d recommend checking our Smart Packages for Cunard. Around once a month Cunard have a cruise travelling from Southampton to New York. We’ll often add around 3 or 4 night hotel stays to the package and you’ll then return home by flight. These packages are approx 10-16 nights and are available from approx £599 per person.
- Miami - If you’re cruising to the Caribbean, often your ship will depart from Miami. This great city has an amazing atmosphere which manages to be metropolitan and laid back all at once. Explore the beautiful beaches or take a stroll along Ocean Drive to appreciate the well-preserved art deco buildings along the palm tree-lined promenade. A trip to Little Havana will help you to learn more about the Cuban culture of Miami as well as give you the chance to try an authentic Cuban sandwich!
WHERE CAN I FIND GREAT FLY AND CRUISE DEALS?
Fly and cruise deals are available year-round. The best place to see the latest is by visiting our Smart Packages page. Our Smart Packages include flights and hotel stays. If you’d prefer not to have hotel nights included in your cruise and fly package, our Cruise Consultants can help to create a tailored solution to suit your needs.